Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December 6, 2006

I thought I would try to put my audiobiography on here. I know it's a long project and I don't expect to finish it for health reasons and time constraints, but I will just start and see how far I can go with it.

My birth was, I believe, a difficult one, my mother having RH - 0 blood type status, and my father A-positive. I was informed on one of my doctor visits as an adult that my blood type is A-positive. I did some research, and based on comments my mother made surrounding my birth, there may have been a condition involved called: "Erythroblastosis Fetalis" in which (I was firstborn, by the way) antibodies are produced because of the difference in blood types. I was given transfusions, and after that I was all right. I was put in an incubator, though only 3 ounces short of a full [normal weight] load, my weighing 5 pounds, 13 ounces. I was 19.5 inches in length, somewhat shorter than my taller sister, who, in 8 years' time, would be measured at 21 inches long.

(As you can see, I'm quite longwinded. My health has changed the last couple of years and I have tired out already from doing this blog post. I endeavor to be as specific as I can in writing my account, so unfortunately, it gets rather boring. I will try to be more interesting in this and any future autobiographical accounts on this blog.)

Being the high-strung individual that I am, I was told by my mother, that if certain people came near my crib I would cry. I did not do this with everyone - not with her. I don't know if I was a colicky baby, but she told me (and I've seen the baby pictures also) that I was a very fat baby. Later that would change upon pre-school and school-age, until about age 16.

I was a very curious child, always getting into everything. And of course that caused some things to happen in which I could have died.

At age 3 or 4, I swallowed a bunch of children's aspirin that were on the cupboard (I loved to climb the cupboards to see what I could see ha ha). When my parents found out, Daddy took me into the bathroom and tried to make me throw up, however that was unsuccessful, and by accident, one of my teeth got broken in his zeal to get me to throw up. Mommy had to stay up with me for a long long time, until the drugs went out of my system. She played games with me, and when I'd start to nod off, she'd get me interested in some game, like hide and seek or equivalent - anything to keep me from going to sleep. But after so long a time - several hours or maybe days (? I forget), I was pronounced all right and she and I, especially her, could get some much needed sleep.

This is all for now as fatigue is getting to me (but that's another story if I ever reach it in chronological order. If I find that I cannot finish all from my early years on, I may just put this in about my recent health, or I may create another post category just for present status, etc.